Monday, December 12, 2005

dinner

Hello girls

Would you hate me very much if I ask to have our dinner moved earlier or later than Saturday, the 16th? This is because I accepted Meldy's invite to that weekend retreat from Friday to Sunday. She had invited me many times before, but I kept using work as an excuse not to go. This time, though, I felt so guilty I said yes.

Three days of meditation would be good for me -- to prepare for Christmas and think about life, my future, and "all that shit", as our friend XC so eloquently put it. Also, I haven't been very good to other people lately, and my own mother says I should try to restore my old "loving and kind" self. I believe the retreat will help me regain my bearings and give me the inspiration to fulfill this daunting task of writing an MA thesis. A part of me wants to give up on the whole thing, but there's a tiny voice inside my head that says, "Go girl!"

This sounds very serious, doesn't it? But since we've all been rethinking the direction of our individual lives -- blame Carrie for sending those questions (kidding!) -- I figured I might as well spend some quiet time to enrich my spirit. I hate talking like this, but you know... I'm 32, can't help getting serious about Life.

So what do you think? Is next week still OK? Sorry about this. Didn't mean to disrupt your schedules.

Comments:
I remember that one retreat I went to more than 13 years ago. It was a good one, and it did help me a lot. If I recall correctly, I didn't want to go to it at first because I thought it was going to be boring. But it turned out to be a good weekend. I hope you'll have a truly reflective and meaningful time, Ka.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?