Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ey K, you'll love this one

Ka, been wanting to tell you about this book I was reading before school started. The Lecturer’s Tale by James Hynes. It’s about this down and out literature professor who, on the day that he’s fired from his job, has a freak accident that causes his finger to be severed. When it’s sewn back, he discovers that he can make people do his bidding if he touches them with his re-attached finger… oooh! ;P He uses his new powers to get ahead in the perfidious, backbiting world of the English Department, and here the fun begins. The characters are so wacky and pathetic, it makes me wonder if Mr Hynes really just made them up. They certainly sound crazy enough to be real people! If I were tasked to find a den of dementeds, surely an English department is one of the first places I'd look. Eheheh ;P

Comments:
Sounds fun! I'm getting a copy of that book. Ironically, despite my interest in literature, I may never become part of any demented English department. I'm quirky and pathetic in my own way but I lack the patience to teach. What I seem to have is Thursday Next's "sapien aggression", which could translate into the desire to cut off my students' fingers! =p
 
I can lend you mine, Jason. After I finish reading it, that is. Which probably won't be until summer vacation ;P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?