Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fingered

There's a new gadget in the office. In an attempt to curb theft and unauthorized persons from going into our offices as well as to digitally record our time-ins and -outs, the company administration installed a fingerprint-scanning whatsit at our lobby. Now, you can't get into the offices if your thumbprint (or whichever of your fingerprints are recorded) is not recognized by the scanner. Pretty cool, huh? Then again, someone pointed out that the money used to install the gadgets could've been used to give us new PCs (or my dream, a Mac!). Oo nga naman! But my office is made up of 90% women who have a sly way of making their disapproval known. A lot of them used the middle finger as their identifying fingerprint. Up yours, indeed!

CDs I'm listening to: Demon Days Gorillaz and All About the Funk Brand New Heavies. Not new albums, but they're fun to listen to on hectic days like this. They sort of set the pace to my day. Sweet!

Book I'm reading: Heavy Water by Martin Amis. A collection of short stories. One of them, "Career Move" is this amusing tale in which screenwriters are struggling with their "art" in small coffeeshops and get published in obscure little magazines while poets live it up in Hollywood doing prequels and sequels of their poems. Haven't gotten to reading the title story, which I'll dutifully report once I've read it. But so far, this book is quirkily fun!

Comments:
Hehehe...I was feeling the pressure of deadlines this week so I did what all good editors do--escaped and did something fun, which is blogging! I don't think I can maintain my own blog, though. But this group blog is OK coz I share the burden with four other people. Speaking of which, they don't seem to be making their presence felt here all that much these days. Wonder why...
 
I'm alive! But just barely. This week has been hell (and it isn't over yet...)--can't spare even 15 minutes to post a blog entry, but I can certainly take 2 to post a comment here! Te, Jason's right (he usually is ;), get your own blog na! With your posts this week you could've had your own page up and running already :->
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?