Thursday, January 26, 2006

Talking head sense

I don't know why that is, but whenever a foreigner talks about the Philippines, we immediately become interested in whatever he has to say. This certainly was how I felt when my boss forwarded me David Byrne's account of his long visit to the Philippines. I found myself comparing what he knows with what I know of my history. And getting interested despite myself of what a foreign pop musician has to say about my country. It certainly seemed incogrious to say the least. I mean, David Byrne (of the freakin' Talking Heads!) has been biking around Manila, taking in the sights, riding tricycles, jeepneys, and buses in the provinces. Can this country get any more surreal? I guess not. And he apparently agrees. Anyway, do I have a point in this entry? Maybe nothing. Then again, maybe everything.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?