Friday, February 03, 2006

Whatever happened to personal responsibility

I just read in the Inquirer about a man filing a suit against Apple claiming that using his IPod caused hearing damage, quite reminiscent of the person who sued McDonald's because the hot coffee bought from a McDonald's outlet spilled on that person while driving. There are other similar suits, I know. It just made me wonder: Why is it that it seems to me more people are blaming something else for something that went wrong, but which they had control over anyway. More and more people seems to be passing the buck to someone else or something else, and neglecting to take responsibility for their actions. I don't know. I've always thought that when you do something, and it results on something negative, you ultimately have to take responsibility for it. Isn't that how things are supposed to be? I'm not saying I'm perfect, and that I never pass the blame on to someone. But something like this Apple incident (and even the things going on in this country) make me stop and think...sadly...how accountability has been shot. It's like in the words of Howard Jones, no one ever is to blame.
I think if more people just take more responsibility for their actions, things would be much better in this world.

Comments:
i'm sorry, but that wasn't me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?