Saturday, March 25, 2006

Final take on the South Park-Chef/Scientology controversy

Well, its not actually my take, but someone else's. Anyway, you are probably tired of my South Park fixation over the last few entries, but the whole thing has been a good food for thought for me. Anyway, the show said goodbye to Chef (who was voiced by Isaac Hayes, who started all this controversy when he left), and while I haven't seen the whole show, this post-mortem was a good read, as well as the take on the Trapped in the Closet episode and the one on Isaac Hayes's departure (there are links in the article, I think). I'm looking for the entire episode still.

TV Review: South Park "The Return of Chef"

Comments:
Isa,

Trapped In The Closet episode.

Episode where the Chef gets uh unique send off.

Tons of South Park episodes in youtube.com as well.

Funny thing about Scientology - in 10 miles I've seen 2 centers. I haven't seen one Wendy's hamburger store anywhere near our place.
 
Oh wow, 2 centers within 10 miles??? How much they must be earning.

Thanks for the link, Mark. Hope you and Petite are well.
 
Wettaminit, isa! Didn't you give us a link to the trapped in the closet episode a few entries ago? How come you haven't seen the entire thing yet? Hmm...

Mark, why don't you have yourself interviewed in one of them centers and then tell us all about it. It should be grat material for an article or a story, at least, hahaha!
 
Te, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant I haven't seen the goodbye to Chef episode.
 
Terrie, they're kinda creepy. Someone waits in front of the center and asks if you're interested in coming in for a film showing. Muntik ko na hirit "andyan ba si Tom Cruise at si John Travolta?" heh.

Oh and I don't want our names in some database. It's in too many already. Companies and organizations here have a way of tracking you down even if you've moved cross country.

Hey Isa, we're good. Spring time here so we get to walk around more. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?