Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bora babes


Photo above was taken last Saturday after all our shoots. Don't we look tanned and happy? Sorry it's a bit dark. It was already dusk and it didn't help that we were all so tanned after being under the sun all day. With me in the pic are (from left): Hazel Santos (EIC, MyHome mag), Dawn Jalandoni (assistant editor, Appetite), Janis Gopez (assistant editor, meg), Mabel David (managing editor, meg), Karla Rey (assistant editor, MyHome), me, Mela de Luna (style editor, manual)

Just realized it's been awhile since I've posted an entry. And I've also noticed that everyone in my universe seems to be on posting hiatus as well. What's up, people? We're obviously so busy we can't write about our lives no more. Well, same here. Got too much stuff going on for a longer entry. But here's whatI've been up to these days, aside from relentless work, of course (and who wants to write about that?):

1. Prison Break Apart from the fact that the lead (Wentwoth Miller) is freakin' H-O-T, this is another proof that American TV is really outstripping Hollywood in terms of the quality of the shows that they produce. To wit: I'm not just talking about this show, but shows like Lost and Grey's Anatomy. Of course, reality shows are still lording it over prime time, but what the heck, we need to take our shots of optimism where we find them.

2. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Match Point As if to refute my first point, there are these two movies. KKBB is a helluva good movie! Robert Downey Jr. may be a druggie, but he's a genius! Val Kilmer provides a good counterpoint as the tough private detective who happens to be gay. Good acting by these two, although I think that Val Kilmer could do with a little more swish to portray the gay role convincingly.

Woody Allen's Match Point may be his darkest movie yet--darker even than Crimes and Misdemeanors. And one of the few not set in New York (Hmmm...come to think of it, does he have another movie set elsewhere other than this? Parang wala.) Features one of those climaxes that, although you know it's coming, you still can't help being shocked that it did.

3. Boracay It's crowded, noisy, there's way too much construction going on--and the beach is full of algae. Went there for work and while it's still probably one the prettiest beaches in the world, it won't maintain that status for long, the way things are going. True, we had fun (check out the pic) but still, it makes me sad that its local government doesn't seem to care enough to impose zoning laws. (More Bora stories, as well as Sumilon and Donsol stories when I find time...)

By the way, to add to my book backlog, I ordered three books from
Avalon. (I couldn't help myself. Argh!) I'll be getting them from Jasper on Saturday noon--so if you (you know who you are!) want to meet up, tell me. Check out the titles (they're all anthologies, by the way): Murder and Other Acts of Literature, Mammoth Treasury of Thrilling Tales (includes stories by Michael Chabon, Stephen King, and Neil Gaiman), Drinking, Smoking, and Screwing: Great Writers on Good Times. Interesting, what?

Comments:
Oh yes, mr. wentworth is HOT, HOT, HOT
 
Isaaa! I'm now on the second disk of the first season--bale, episodes 3&4. I really have to get me a copy of the first season soon! Let's go to Quaipo or scour metrowalk one of these days, yes?
 
sure, but it'll have to be when i get back from baler.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?