Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yahoo!ed

Around a month or so ago, while I was waiting for a job to materialize and was thus, uhm, freelancing, I updated my Jobstreet account and started surfing online for work. Turned out that Yahoo! was looking for an editor, something that Jobstreet alerted me on a few days later. Thinking I had nothing to lose even if it was a longshot, I applied. To my surprise, I received an email a few days later from the recruitment department, telling me to answer two very short tests. The tests turned out to be tougher than I thought (see tests below) and I wasn't able to make the deadline.

A few days ago, to my surprise, the Yahoo! recruiter called me up and wanted me to take the test despite the fact that I didn't make the first deadline. So, pride on the line, I did. It was kinda flattering to be so singled out though I'm not really sure how fit I'd be for the company. But as Carrie said, "Hey, it's Yahoo!" and that's reason enough I guess.

Editor’s Test

Philippines

Task 1
For each of the following search queries, please find and rank five sites you would expect to see as the top five results of a Philippine search engine. For each web site, write a short title and description that will appear for that site.

Gerald Santos
Arroyo
Davao City

Task 2
Pick three fairly new or unheard-of web sites (at least one based in the Philippines) that you find fascinating, cool or cutting-edge and write a short description on why people should visit them and try them out. Use no more than 200 words to describe each web site.

Keep your style local, friendly and informal but grammatically acceptable. Write as if addressing the general public.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?