Sunday, September 10, 2006

Nike time

Got an email a few days ago: "It never rains, but it pours." And does it ever! Articles to write and edit are coming thick and fast with the deadlines spaced just days apart. The pace is by turns stressful, exhilirating, challenging, and scary. There's no time to wonder if I'm up to snuff--because I have to be. There's no room to second-guess--because even if I doubt my abilities to do what I need to do (and who doesn't at some point?), I have no choice. There's no opportunity to pause--because in the business of words, it's almost always better to grab what comes floating on top, or else you run the risk of that thought bubble sinking forever. There's no way to postpone the inevitable, because no matter what, deadlines will invariably come. I'm it.

To deny the muse means to deny the compulsion that makes me who I am. It's going to be another long and sleepness night of writing. Do I wish it weren't so? Hell no. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and plunge into the maelstrom. Just do it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?